Assist bacteria in the natural biodegrading of organic build up.
POND WIZZARD POND FLOC is used to treat ponds for clarity and phosphate control. The pond floc ions bond with phosphate molecules in the water. This precipitate settles to the bottom of the pond and the phosphate is no longer available as a nutrient. Also, the pond floc ions act to bring suspended dirt particles toghter leaving the pond water sparkling clear. Standard coagulant is quite acidic and a large dose will lower pH and harm fish. The buffering agent in POND WIZZARD POND FLOC helps hold the pH steady.
Please note for use with fish read this first.
1. POND FLOC could be toxic to fish in acidic water. The PH of the pond should be 6.5 to 8.2 when used in ponds containing fish. You must also have well buffered water with a carbonate hardness greater than 90 parts per million and general hardness above 150 parts per million, before using POND FLOC with fish.
2. POND FLOC could have the effect of LOWERING PH so careful monitoring is necessary when applying pond floc in ponds with fish.
3. POND FLOC use results in sludge at the bottom of the pond. The pond should be treated with POND WIZARD POND DYE WITH BIO BOOSTER. To help break down the organic sludge build up.
4. POND FLOC is toxic to mollusks (snails, freshwater clams, etc.). At very low dose levels your snails, etc. may suffer minimal damage, but be forewarned that higher concentrations will result in their death.
5. Failure to use as directed, or sudden changes in water conditions not consistent with label, may result in loss or injury to aquatic life. POND WIZARD PRODUCTS is not responsible for any loss of aquatic life.